A common question that our customers around Rockwall, Mesquite, and Garland, Texas, may be asking themselves is, “How long do tires last?” To answer this and explain how we at Rockwall Ford can help, we’ve created the following article. Learn more by reading below!
Importance of Tires
It’s impossible to overstate the importance of tires, as they ensure your safety and the safety of others on the road. Each tire supports a quarter of the vehicle’s weight, so if one is compromised, your safety will be negatively affected. Further, they help you turn, grip the road, and stop in an appropriate amount of time and distance. Beyond safety, though, there are other ways in which tires play an essential role.
- By making sure your car’s tires are balanced, have the necessary amount of pressure, and have good tread, you’re affording yourself a smooth driving experience. The opposite is also true. If the tires are damaged in some way, you will have a less-than-ideal drive because of vibrating and pulling.
- If there is any type of issue with your car’s tires, the ability of your car to maintain regular contact with the road will decrease. In turn, when your ride is working harder than it should, more fuel is used.
- Having good traction on your car’s tires has an impact on all aspects of driving. It helps you stay in control, even in rain and mud. Your car benefits from good traction on a nice weather day as well because it’ll handle better overall.
The bottom line is it’s crucial for your car’s tires to be up to date on their maintenance. This will extend the lifespan of the tires and provide you with a pleasant drive.
The Longevity of Tires
So, exactly how long do tires last? While there are some factors that can cause a car’s tires to need replacement before this mark, most tires last for three to four years. However, keep in mind that this is the case for those who drive in normal conditions and whose car has properly inflated and balanced tires. On the other hand, things like aggressive driving, potholes, and poor weather conditions can all affect your car’s tires and how well they perform.
Luckily, there are things you can do to improve the longevity of your ride’s tires. You can:
- Avoid hard braking and ease into acceleration.
- Stay off damaged roads, if possible, to limit exposure to gravel and potholes.
- Schedule regular service appointments.
Of course, the most important way you can curb tire issues and extend the lifespan of your car’s tires is to stay on top of your car’s maintenance needs. See us for any issues you’re concerned about!
How We Can Help
Our certified technicians will help you with your car’s tire issues by relying on their years of expertise as well as the state-of-the-art equipment we have at our disposal. When you come in for service, you’ll be paired with a highly skilled tech who will work on your car’s tires quickly and efficiently. We know your time is valuable and strive to have you back on the road in a jiffy.
Contact Us to Schedule Service
Now that you know more about the importance of tire health and how we at Rockwall Ford can help, we hope our neighbors in Rockwall, Mesquite, and Garland, TX, will turn to us for their service needs. We look forward to hearing from you!